Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Movie Review: The Losers


Any one else would be dead by now? That's the tagline?

AUTOMATIC HEADS UP THIS MOVIE WILL BE AWESOME.

I love movies that don't take themselves too seriously. There are explosions, there are witty one liners, there are guns, there's even a crossbow. HELL THERE IS A REFERENCE TO PIRATES.

What's not to like? You HAVE to go into a movie like this without any expectations. Not even the expectation that you will be pleasantly entertained. I was worried, because the trailers attached to this movie included Step Up 3D and The Takers, a movie starring BOTH Paul Walker and Hayden Christensen. I don't really think anything else needs to be said.

Anyway...The Losers. Poorly thought-out plot? Check. Weak villain that backed by the US government? Check. Bazooka? Check. Wildly enjoyable? Check.

Totally win for a Wednesday night.

Go Petunias.

1 comment:

  1. I eagerly anticipate the glory that is watching trash until my brains dissolve and run out of my facial orifices. That is: this.

    And I mean that in a positive way, of course.

    P.S. - Hayden Christensen is still trying to act? Either he has the best agent in the world, or the entirety of Hollywood has gone permanently stupid. I'm leaning towards the latter.

    ReplyDelete